'Sherborne Park Estate, through the eyes of the ranger'
Friday to Sunday, plus bank holiday Monday, 15 - 31 August, 11am to 4pm
Lodge Park proudly presents an exhibition of magical photographs of the landscape and wildlife at this special estate, taken by Mike Robinson, National Trust Ranger for the last 36 years. Prints from this exhibition will be on sale and available to order.
Join us on 31 August when Mike will be given a talk on the landscapes and wildlife of the estate, his photography and his life and work on the estate.
Lodge Park highlights
- Raid our historical costume dressing up box
- Children can explore the house through our portraits with a special trail
- On a clear day spot the Uffington White Horse from the roof
- Find the Stone Age long barrow in the parkland
- Head to the Shepherd's hut and find out more about the local wool industry of days gone by
- Ask for a map and see if you can find the Old Lady of Lodge Park in the surrounding Parkland
- Take a walk through the historical parkland landscaped by Charles Bridgeman surrounding Lodge Park
- Look for common and great-crested newts in the fountain
- Can you work out which side of the fireplace in the Great Room was carved by the Master Stonemason and which by the apprentice?