Facilities & access
- Toilet facilities are located in Malham village (not National Trust), and at the Orchid House (next to Tarn House on the north shore of Malham Tarn)
- Dogs are welcome across most of the estate, but please keep them on leads
- Dogs are not allowed on the boardwalk of the National Nature Reserve
- An area of working farms with livestock
Family & children
- Baby-changing facilities in the toilets at the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority car park
- National Trust information and leaflets available from Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority National Park Visitor Centre
- The National Park Authority car park in Malham is not a National Trust car park, so National Trust members will still have to pay for parking
- The Pennine Way passes through this estate
- Malham Tarn and village lie on the Yorkshire Dales Cycleway
- Malham Tarn is accessible for Trampers
New Tramper at Malham Tarn
Our new Tramper has arrived and has been out for its first test drive around Malham Tarn.
If you'd like to hire the Tramper, you will need to book it in advance by calling the estate office on 01729 830416. The tramper is available to hire Mondays - Fridays between 10am - 2pm, subject to availability.
We are very grateful to our fundraisers for helping us to purchase the tramper. Debbie North was the driving force behind the fundraising for our Malham Tarn tramper - follow her blog to find out more.
We have also been successful in receiving a grant from the Yorkshire Dales National Park Authority's Sustainable Development Fund, which is administered by the Yorkshire Dales Millennium Trust.
Thank you to all who have donated and supported us.
We are currently developing some tramper routes around the Malham Tarn area and the first of these can be downloaded below. We are looking at routes which will appeal to different people and abilities, so whether you want a bit of a challenge, or a stroll out with the rest of the family, we hope to have something to suit you.