Facilities & access
- There is a network of paths through the dunes, woodland and heath. Look out for information panels at the entrances to the reserve and along the main boardwalk to find out more about the wildlife and history of Murlough.
- The car park is open all year round with admission charged when facilities such as the Beach Café are open.
- Guided nature walks and volunteer events are held throughout the year, school groups are welcome and must be booked in advance.
- Self guided nature trail is available; please follow the yellow topped posts, a leaflet is available explaining what can be seen at each point.
Family & children
- Our main car park has a number of BBQ friendly picnic tables and a safe area for a football kick around. Feel free to spread a blanket on the beach too, but please take your litter home.
- Toilets including one accessible toilet are located in our main car park, please check facilities opening times.
- Family fun events held over the summer.
- Children's nature trail quiz and activity packs.
- Access is available all year, but some seasonal restrictions apply, look out for information signs.
- Surfaces and gradients are naturally varied; the car park is level with a grass surface, the boardwalk is not classed an all ability trail as there are a few steeper sections across the dunes, before you reach the beach.
- Dogs are welcome to most parts of the reserve, there are restrictions in some areas in spring and summer when ground-nesting birds are breeding or cattle are grazing. Please abide by local signs and help us to keep the area special by clearing up dog mess.
- Horse riding is by permit only; please follow the routes marked by blue topped posts.