This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Notice: Please note that all places on the Bombs and Beasties guided walks are sold out for 2015.
Internationally important nature reserve, with a fascinating 20th-century military history
Take a short boat trip to this wild and remote shingle spit, the largest in Europe.
Follow trails through a stunning landscape and a history that will both delight and intrigue.
Discover an internationally important nature reserve littered with debris and unusual, often forbidding, buildings from a sometimes disturbing past.
Please note: charge for ferry over to the nature reserve (including members)
- Access is only on the NT ferry from Orford Quay on open days.
- We have a limited number of tickets each day so please arrive early.
- Steep and slippery steps at ferry and long distances to walk.
- We're sorry but there is no access from Aldeburgh and Slaughden.
- As a nature reserve only our sheep dog and assistance dogs are allowed.
- The 'Pagodas' are only accessible on guided tours - see events page.
- For your safety and to protect the Ness please keep to the visitor trails.