Bring history to life in 2014
Discover what life would have been like many years ago by experiencing our educational programmes. If you’re looking for an inspiring way to get your pupils engaged with historic life, why not bring them to Ormesby Hall? We provide costumed experiential learning that cannot be recreated in the classroom.
Spend the day living the life of the servants below stairs in the Victorian Servants activity.
Give our Learning & Access Manager Liz Hayward a call now on 01642 328906.
Explore the outdoors
We can offer a range of active experiences that will get children excited about learning outdoors.
Our Wildlife Explorers activity gives your children the chance to learn about the natural world with a series of fun investigative activities.
Give our Learning & Access Manager Liz Hayward a call on 01642 328906 for more information.
We cater to your needs
All our programmes can be tailored to your specific needs and we're happy to respond to any requests and ideas you may have for using our premises. Activities are professionally delivered to a high standard by our Learning Team, led by Leanne Allan, Assistant Education Officer, assisted by a dedicated team of learning volunteers.
Teachers in the past have said: 'This was the best day out I have taken children on in 20 years of teaching'.
So if you want to get your children out of the classroom and into an inspiring learning environment, give our Learning & Access Manager Liz Hayward a call on 01642 328906.
Education Group Membership will join your school to the National Trust for one year, allowing you to save on the cost of repeat visits.
Non EGM school visits will be charged standard admission to the property as well as the activity charges.
For prices and more information follow the link below or give our Learning & Access Manager Liz Hayward a call on 01642 328906.
What to expect during your visit:
- Coach parking is available and is just a short walk from the Hall.
- Children can leave their coats and bags out of the way in the Laundry during their visit.
- Toilets are in the outer courtyard.
- Lunch can be eaten in the garden for a picnic or in the Teamroom, or in the Resource Base for larger groups.
- If you are unable to come in costume. we do have some Victorian children's outfits that can be used for the day if you let us know in advance.
- Photography is allowed indoors as long as there is no flash.
- Any of our activities can be tailored to your needs, so don't hesitate to ask.