Things to see & do
Visit the Pennyman's family home of 400 years
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Lunchtime lecture - family life at The Hall
Come and hear the latest installation of James Stovin Pennyman's diaries about life at Ormesby Hall. The dramatised story continues of family life based on the 1870 diary of the owner.
Friday 3 October 12.00 -1.00 Booking required, please call 01642 328900
- Explore the victorian laundry and kitchen
- Get into train spotting with our model railways
- Enjoy the fresh air and find peace walking in the garden & grounds
- Marvel at the fine plasterwork in the 18th-century mansion
- Take a tour of the top floor and discover more about Jim and Ruth Pennyman
- See Jim's rib and Ruth's tooth
- And don’t forget the scones in the tea-room!
Take a walk around our gardens and woodland and see more of Ormesby Hall than ever before.
Our live interpretation days are brilliant for the whole family to get involved in our laundry and Victorian kitchens.