Things to see & do
Visit the Pennyman's family home of 400 years
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
All wrapped up
Take a tour around the house and see it being wrapped up for winter with our conservation team.
Autumn tidy up
Prepare for winter in the garden with our expert team on Saturday 1 November.
Catch a falling leaf, make a grass trumpet, track wild animals or run around in the rain!
Come and see our Christmas Ship on the first two weekends of December. We will have Father Christmas in the kitchen with lots of presents, Christmas trees for sale, festive food in the tearoom and candlelight tours around the mansion.
(small charge to see Father Christmas and for the candlelight tour, booking essential. Opening times 10.00 - 3.30)
- Explore the victorian laundry and kitchen
- Get into train spotting with our model railways
- Enjoy the fresh air and find peace walking in the garden & grounds
- Marvel at the fine plasterwork in the 18th-century mansion
- Take a tour of the top floor and discover more about Jim and Ruth Pennyman
- See Jim's rib and Ruth's tooth
- And don’t forget the scones in the tea-room!
Take a walk around our gardens and woodland and see more of Ormesby Hall than ever before.
Our live interpretation days are brilliant for the whole family to get involved in our laundry and Victorian kitchens.