Outdoor Theatre at Shaw's Corner
See a play at the home of the playwright
Every year in June and July Shaw's Corner turns into a theatre as it hosts productions of two plays by George Bernard Shaw in the gardens. The house becomes the backdrop, the terrace the stage, and the lawn a natural auditorium. 2014's two productions were 'The Philanderer' 27 - 29 June and 'Heartbreak House' 25 - 27 July. Production titles and dates for 2015 will be announced in January.
Audience comments from 'The Philanderer'
- "Please tell the director and cast that the play was the best thing I've seen in ages"
- "Worth coming from Australia for!"
- "A really magical evening"
- "I've never seen Shaw before - he's so modern, so relevant!"
- "Worth sitting in the rain for!"