Outdoor Theatre at Shaw's Corner
See a play at the home of the playwright
Every year in June and July Shaw's Corner turns into a theatre as it hosts productions of two plays by George Bernard Shaw in the gardens. The house becomes the backdrop, the terrace the stage, and the lawn a natural auditorium. 2015's two productions are 'Mrs Warren's Profession' 26 - 28 June and 'John Bull's Other Island' 24 - 26 July. You can book your tickets now!
Come and enjoy the provocation and scandal of one of George Bernard Shaw's most challenging plays in the peace and tranquility of his gardens, here at Ayot St Lawrence. Bring a picnic, bring some friends and discover why this play remains a powerfully relevant classic.
Audience comments from 'The Philanderer'
- "Please tell the director and cast that the play was the best thing I've seen in ages"
- "Worth coming from Australia for!"
- "A really magical evening"
- "I've never seen Shaw before - he's so modern, so relevant!"
- "Worth sitting in the rain for!"