50 things to do before you are 11 3/4
We can help you this summer to tick off some of the '50 Things' on your list with a number of guided events.
- Things to Do’ Thursdays - free bookable events every Thursday in August.
- Adder Adventure - we go in search of Britain’s only venomous snake.
- Rock Pool Ranger- discover incredible creatures that can be found living on (and in!) the beach.
- Batty bats & moths - come with us for a night walk.
See below for more details.
Norfolk Smallholders Show
Sunday August 3rd
A taste of the ‘Good Life’, everything smallholding, self-sufficiency and traditional crafts. Home produced Norfolk food and goods for sale , take a look at sheep shearing demonstrations and a fun dog show. A chance to ask smallholding questions and much more An event for all the family.
Adults £5 - including National Trust Members. Children & Norfolk Smallholders members free
September & October
A series of ranger and expert led walks.
• Ferns & mosses. Amongst other things discover how you might use a horsetail to clean you pans.
• A bat walk by day to give you a chance to see them in the hand .
• Take a look at our ancient & champion tree’s. What makes them ill and do they suffer from stress?
• Norfolk’s fungi recorder will lead both a foray and a more detailed workshop .
See below for more details and to book (some are free).
Parkrun - every Saturday 9am
Parkrun is a free and friendly 5K run every Saturday at 9am. The route is marshalled and timed by local volunteers. Supervised children and dogs on leads are welcome to run.
First timers please register to get your barcode to enable your time to be recorded.
Free parking for runners until 10.30am and cafe open from 8.45am.