Join us for the 2015 Great British Walk
Celebrate the Great British Walk with us in partnership with Cotswold Outdoor and discover some of the less known features of Sheringham Park with a range of guided walks through September and October.
- Fungi – Mushrooms and toadstools are fascinating and diverse, we have both workshops and a foray (sorry foray sold out) to enable you to learn more about them.
- Bat Box Check – 8 species of bat have been recorded here but have you ever seen one in the hand during the day?
- Tree Day – We will show some of our champion specimens but also explain some of the issues facing trees today.
See below for full details and how to book.
A bimonthly group for 2 - 4 year olds and their parents/grandparents/carers. A fun filled autumn programme has been planned.
- 7th Oct The Mushroom Treatment!
- 21st Oct Conkers bonkers!
- 4th Nov Bonfire Bake-off!
- 18th Nov In the nick of slime ! (Slugs and Snails)
- 2nd Dec Hibernation stations!
- 16th Dec Feed the birds! Let them know it's Christmas time.
£4 per session (£20 for all 6) to book tel. 01263 820555 (answerphone) or email email@example.com
October Half Term
Wrap up and join us in the great outdoors with a range a guided activities and a self-led trail. You can take part in:-
- Our Halloween trail on every day during half term.
- Catching falling leaves and play conkers.
- A wild afternoon tea.
- Hunt for spiders, Arachnophobes beware!
- A night walk, are you brave enough to come out in the dark?
Full details below including booking where required
Parkrun is a free and friendly 5K run every Saturday at 9am.
A timed fun run offering an opportunity for all , male or female, young or old, to come together on a regular basis to enjoy this beautiful park and get physically active into the bargain.
First timers please register to get your barcode to enable your time to be recorded. Free parking for runners until 10.30am and cafe open from 8.45am.