Head of the Lake Cruise
These cruises depart daily from Coniston pier at regular times with the option to break your journey at Brantwood House or Monk Coniston returning on a later sailing. Alternatively, just hop on for the round trip cruise and enjoy this stunning unique steam powered craft.
Head of the Lake Cruise (45 minutes)
All cruises include a short commentary from our friendly crew.
Disembark at Brantwood - Things to do
- Visit John Ruskin's home and stunning mountainside gardens (not NT) at Brantwood. Show your Gondola ticket to gain 50p off the house entry fee.
- Take lunch or afternoon tea at the delightful Brantwood café.
- Nearby lakeshore beaches for picnicking (and sunbathing - if you're lucky!)
- Access to lovely woodland walks
Disembark at Monk Coniston - Things to do
- Circular walk through the Monk Coniston estate to Tarn Hows and back
- Visit the Victorian walled garden and have a picnic whilst enjoying the most beautiful Lakeland surroundings (approx 0.5 miles up a gentle-ish hill)
Round trip fares
Adult: £11, Child: £5.50, Family: £27.50 (2 adults and 3 children)