Eating & shopping
Join us at the pub
Sticklebarn is the only National Trust run pub.
We’re running it ourselves so that every penny we make goes back into looking after this magnificent valley. We’ve got the tastiest local food and ales.
Come and visit - you’ll be drinking for charity, Trust us.
Made from stone, slate and timber from the valley, Sticklebarn has served the needs of the generations who farmed this landscape.
We continue this tradition and welcome everyone looking for adventure and refreshment here.
We will source all we can from the valley; meat and water from the fells, wood fuel from our land and electricity from the torrents coming down the fell.
Most importantly we will ensure that every penny we make is invested back into this magnificent landscape.
We Cumbrians have access to some of the best produce in the country and at Sticklebarn we are taking absolute advantage of it.
Our beef comes straight from Millbeck Farm next door, our Cumberland sausage is from the award winning Plumgarths in Kendal and we get our eggs from Lakeland Free Range Eggs in Windermere. Across the board we are using fantastic local fresh ingredients, which is why our food tastes so good.
- From Ambleside take the A593 to Skelwith Bridge
- Then take the B543 to Great Langdale
- We are towards the end of the valley on the right hand side
- There is plenty of parking onsite and Great Langdale Campsite nearby for overnight stays
- Call us: 015394 37356
- Email us: email@example.com
- Share with us: www.facebook.com/NTSticklebarn