Facilities & access
- Below Stairs Cafe with table service. Homemade brunch, lunch and afternoon tea served, including gluten free dishes
- Visit the shop around the corner on Goodramgate for one of the largest ranges in the area
- Small selection of souvenirs and gifts in the hall
- Parking - nearest in Lord Mayor's Walk. Park and ride service from city outskirts
- Suitable for group visits - please contact us before you visit
Family & children
- Children's guide and quiz/trail available daily
- Baby-changing area
- Hip-carrying infant seats for loan
- Drop-off point with blue badge parking nearby on Goodramgate
- Grounds - level access to garden via gate opposite the Minster
- Building - two steps to entrance, ramps available. Ground floor has three showrooms and visitor reception
- Stairs to other floors including bathrooms, tea room, shop and all other historic rooms
- Touch list of objects to handle, large print and braille guides available from reception
- Adapted toilet down 14 steps in basement only
We can provide large-handled cutlery and adapted cups on request for you to enjoy the full range of tasty food and drink in our café. If you're planning your visit, feel free to contact us to book a table and talk through your requirements.
Access all areas at Treasurer's House
We are currently undertaking a project to improve the facilities we have to offer visitors with disabilites and their families. We are working in partnership with local access awareness organisation Visits Unlimited and families with children with disabilities.
Our aim is to improve the facilities we have to offer, broaden our visitor base and, ultimately, become known as an attraction which is accessible in lots of different, imaginative ways.