This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Elizabethan manor house with fine interiors and delightful garden
An intimate Elizabethan manor and a Cornish gem, Trerice remains little changed by the advances in building fashions over the centuries, thanks to long periods under absentee owners.
Today the renowned stillness and tranquillity of Trerice is much prized by visitors.
This silence is occasionally pierced by curious lilts of Tudor music or shouts of excitement from the Bowling Green (surely you will want to try a game of Kayling or Slapcock?), bringing back some of the bustle and noise that must have typified its time as a busy manor house.
Trerice was bought by the National Trust in 1953 and this year is our 60th anniversary year so we'll be celebrating in style. Watch out for all sorts of winter and Christmas events to mark this special occasion such as carols in the barn, Christmas craft activities, over 60's luncheons and our Green Father Christmas plus lots more.
Follow us on Twitter
Make a day of it and explore the coast
- You're very welcome to stay with us all day and relax inside or out
- If you'd like to visit as part of a day out, why not explore the coast
- Carnewas and Bedruthan steps are 20 minutes away (just under 9 miles)
- Further along the coast is Tintagel with its Old Post Office
- Just under an hour away is Boscastle (32 miles)