Looking for some outdoor adventures this Easter? We’re inviting you to turn ‘Eggsplorer’ and set out on a Cadbury Easter Egg Trail. Collect your passport, stamps and special pith helmet from Base Camp, complete the challenge, and be rewarded with chocolate Egghead prize.
Don’t forget to enter the competition to design your very own Cadbury Egghead. There’s loads more besides, from egg and spoon races to Easter bonnet-making, so plan your Easter holiday fun with us.
Spring into nature
We’re bursting at the seams with wildlife to show you:
- Morden Hall Park- active amphibians
- Newtown National Nature Reserve - woodland nature detectives, try being a bird and meet the lambs
- Bembridge Windmill - nature trails
- Basildon Park – looking for signs of spring
- Saddlescombe Farm open day
- Nymans – dawn chorus and children’s trail
- River Wey – wildlife spring trail
- Hinton Ampner – bluebell walk
- Sheffield Park and Garden - bluebell walk
- Standen – pond dipping
- Osterley Park – little seedlings gardening club
- The Vyne – Tudor gardener discovery event
- Emmetts Garden – nature walks
- Knole – nature walks and outdoor crafts
Come outside for adventures galore:
- The Vyne - tree climbing, Hidden Realm play area, geocaching, den building, stepping stilts
- Clandon Park - pony rides
- Hatchlands Park - archery day
- Nymans – den building area and geocaching
- Sheffield Park and Garden – spring family trails
- Cliveden – Wild Wednesdays
- Bodiam Castle – law and outlaws, and costumed interpreters
- Scotney Castle – compass challenge and den building
- Ightham Mote – spring estate trail
- Hughenden -trail tracking with the Rangers
- Uppark – den building, stepping logs in the woodland, garden trail (opens 16 March)
- Emmetts – stargazing
Don’t worry if it pours, there’s heaps of entertainment awaiting little ones indoors:
- Winchester City Mill - baking days, milling and trails.
- Petworth - Mrs Brown’s country house kitchen, dressing up and trails.
- Standen – storytelling, plus activity packs and crafts in the Apple Store.
- Claydon – Pattern Planner activity.
- Osterley Park – create a family tree and see Osterley’s family portraits, on show for the first time in over 50 yrs.
- Ham House – family art activities and face painting. Dress up as a Stuart.
- Red House – family wombat trail.
Get your wellies on
We’ve got tons of splashy fun, so there’s no need to let rain affect play.
- Birling Gap – remarkable rock pools
- Morden Hall Park– welly weekend
- Mottisfont – Pooh sticks in the river, paddling in the font
- Claremont Landscape Garden offers umbrellas to borrow, ask at the kiosk.
- Bateman’s – Pooh sticks