Things to see & do
What's on this autumn
Fungi forays, guided walks, food fairs, running workshops, silver exhibitions and so much more. Find out what's on near you.
Come rain or shine
Don't let a bit of rain spoil a good day out:
- Belton House, Lincolnshire - burn off some energy at the Ride Indoor Play Area
- The Museum of Childhood at Sudbury Hall, Derbyshire - play with traditional toys, climb the chimney or take part in a Victorian school lesson
- Woolsthorpe Manor, Lincolnshire - find your inner scientist and make your own rainbow in the Science Discovery Centre
- Berrington Hall, Herefordshire - get dressed up as a Lord, a Lady or a servant or see the Victorian toys
- Charlecote Park, Warwickshire - pick up a children’s trail, try on a maid’s costume or see what’s happening in the Victorian kitchen.
- Croome, Worcestershire – try the imaginative trail, design your own plate and try on costumes and wigs
Discover something new near you, from exhibitions to afternoon tea:
Packwood Follies, Warwickshire - explore the new outdoor art installation including a cabin and four-poster bed
Hanbury Hall, Worcestershire - enjoy afternoon tea in the new Chambers tea-room
Attingham Park, Shropshire - step behind the scenes on a tour of the roof conservation work until the end of October
Hardwick Hall, Derbyshire - learn more about the live of the men who built Hardwick
Gunby Hall, Lincolnshire - explore the wider estate and venture to the recently renovated ice house pond
The Workhouse, Nottinghamshire - let Mary Mouse be your guide and immerse yourself in life at The Workhouse
Collect your conkers and see who will become champion in your household.
Catch a falling leaf
How many different coloured leaves will you catch this autumn?
Eat an apple from a tree
There's nothing tastier than a crisp, ripe apple straight from a tree.
Pick blackberries in the wild
Explore the wider estates of the places we care for to find the juiciest blackberries.
Build a den
Gather branches and leaves and make yourself a shelter.