Explore the UK's first designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, with its sandy bays, secluded coves, ancient woodland and spectacular clifftop walks.
Our special places
Breathtaking Rhossili Bay, voted UK's No1 beach in 2013
A tranquil place for quiet enjoyment, birdwatching and walking
Stunning cliffs, caves, rare birds, ancient woodland & shingle bay
Nestled between Three Cliffs and Oxwich Bay, rich in history and wildlife
Gower: Rhossili Shop and Visitor Centre
Skirting the National Nature Reserve of the South Gower Coast, overlooking Rhossili Bay, the large National Trust shop boasts a range of Trust and local gifts, as well as providing local information. It is a great place to begin touring this interesting area. The Visitor Centre displays regular exhibitions...
Cwm Ivy Lodge Bunkhouse, North Gower
Secluded amongst the trees and dunes of Whiteford Burrows National Nature Reserve, Cwm Ivy Lodge Bunkhouse offers self catering accommodation for ten people in a truly unique setting.
Spend your days exploring the tranquil North Gower and your evenings toasting marshmallows on the campfire or snuggled up indoors in front of the woodburner.
Stay in one of our holiday cottages
We have four holiday cottages on Gower, from Burrows Cottage, a former foresters dwelling on North Gower, to our most popular holiday cottage The Old Rectory which overlooks Rhossili Bay. We also have Coastguard Cottage next to our Rhossili Shop and Visitor Centre, and our latest addition South Pilton Green Farmhouse near Rhossili.
What's the weather like on Gower?
- UK's No 1 beach at Rhossili
- Watching the birds from the comfort of Whiteford's bird hide
- A unique shingle bank at Pwll Du Bay, once a thriving smugglers' haunt
- The tidal island of Worms Head at the far end of Rhossili bays
- The ponies and sheep grazing on the tidal saltmarsh at North Gower
- The breathtaking views from our shop and visitor centre in Rhossili
- Discovering the Iron Age fort on Llanmadoc Hill
- The amazing views from Penmaen Burrows over Three Cliffs Bay
- Geocaching and tracker packs, available from our shop in Rhossili
...or a shorter stroll
Journey out along one of Wales' most iconic cliffs with breathtaking views of the golden sand...<...
A challenging walk through a hidden valley. Discover a secret world of limestone caves, undergrou...
The coastline along this stretch of the South Gower coast is particularly important for the plant...