Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
If you want to experience afternoon tea with a difference, visit our 1940's style tea room in the house and enjoy a cup of loose leaf tea (or coffee if you're 'modern'), sandwiches and a delicious home made cake, in comfortable, homely surroundings.
Don't forget to...
- Meet the dragons on the lawn, guarding the entrance to Wallington
- Visit our enchanting walled garden, beautiful whatever the season
- Look out for red squirrels hidden in the woods
- Discover the history of Northumberland in the house
- Pop into the shop and browse for gifts, treats or lovely plants
- Tuck into a delicious lunch, tasty snack or ice cream in our café
- Let off steam on our play train and platform or storm our new fort
Don't miss the River Walk on your visit to Wallington.
The circular walk takes about an hour and will lead you through the west wood and along the river before bringing you back through the wonderful walled garden and east wood.
Broomhouse Farm Walk
Follow our new walk to explore the landscape of Broomhouse Farm.
Leading you along grassy field edges, this relatively flat circular walk will also take you through part of Wallington's 'designed landscape', created by Sir Walter Calverley Blackett in the 1740s.
Greenleighton Moor Walk
Follow the Greenleighton Moor walk for a challenging 6 mile circular walk.
Taking you across traditional moorland and around the shores of Fontburn Reservoir, this walk will also enable you to take in some of the oldest archaeology on the Wallington estate.
The Wannie Line Walk
This circular walk will take you onto both the Wannie and Rothbury railway lines.
This seven mile walk will take you through some historic and beautiful Northumbrian scenery.
Heritage tree trail
The heritage tree trail takes you through the East Wood and lets you learn more about some of the trees at Wallington. This is an easy walk that should take no more than an hour and is on well maintained accessible paths.