Things to see & do
Discover these special spaces and places
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- The feeling of the past in the home of George Washington's ancestors
- Discover what it was like to live in the 1930s in the Tenement Room
- Admire the solid oak furniture of Tudor times
- Check out the collection of 'Washingtonabilia'
- Stroll through the pretty formal gardens scented with herbs and flower
- See the newly planted orchard, which will provide native apples
- Hear the birds in the Nuttery, and see them enjoying the new pond
- Enjoy tea and cake in the new accessible tea-room in the garden
On Your Doorstep
13 - 14 December
Enjoy this seasonal photography exhibition including views of the local area. Be inspired by the splendour of mother nature caught on camera by Karen and Mick Thurmanovich.
6 - 7 December
Come along and visit Santa before he flies back to the North Pole. Children will receive a gift from Santa. There will be face painting and simple crafts while you wait and grown ups can enjoy coffee & cake in the tearoom. What better way to begin the Christmas season. BOOKING ESSENTIAL
Why not begin this festive season at our frost fayre. Enjoy a festive array of gift stalls. Ideal if you are looking for something a little bit different for Christmas gifts. FREE ENTRY
Join in and learn the skill of "prodding" or "rag rugging" at a one day workshop. Rug artist Wendy Costello help you create a festive wreath for you to take home.