Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Pack up a picnic and head to Aira force for an outdoor feast
- Relax and unwind - enjoy a gentle 2 mile stroll around Brotherswater
- Head for the hills and take in stunning views from Gowbarrow summit
- Why not explore by water, pick up a canoe and get paddling
- Have a pebble skimming competition at Aira Green beach
- Take cover in our willow hide and try to spot a cheeky red squirrel
- Feel the mist of Aira Force on your face after heavy rain
The wetter the better
It may not come as a surprise to you that occasionally it rains in the Lakes. But don't let that dampen your spirits, just head to Aira Force where wetter definitely is better.
Don't believe us? Check out this video of the falls in full force after a spate of rain.
Keen to get outdoors but not sure where, when or how?
We love the places we work in within the Lake District and have plenty of ideas for fun and adventure in our valleys, lakes, hills and mountains.