This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Coastal and woodland walks with superb views over the estuary and sea
- A captivating and rugged stretch of coastline with cliffs, beaches and traditional Devon farmland
- Long Wood is an ancient oak woodland along the River Dart, with amazing views towards the village of Dittisham
- Look out for the nationally rare cirl bunting and peregrine falcons and dark green fritillary butterflies along the rugged cliff-tops of Froward Point to Scabbacombe. You may also catch a glimpse of adders and common lizards
- There is a great spot for birdwatching at the Manslands wetland area
- At Woodhuish see the recently renovated 19th-century cider press, where there is also an organic farm with traditional breeds, such as North Devon cattle and Hebridean sheep
Our countryside team lead events from March to October. Learn new skills such as woodland crafts, stick chair making, or join them for a walk.
Watch this space to find out what's happening next year.