Eating & shopping
King's River Cafe at Sutton Hoo
Enjoy a sumptous lunch or a quick bite in our King's River cafe. It's the ideal setting to relax and reflect after a stroll around the stunning Sutton Hoo estate.
Our Cafe opens at 10:30am (11am during Winter) and our friendly catering staff will be on hand to look after you and serve a range of freshly prepared scones and cakes with hot meals being served from 11:30am until 3:00pm
- Cafe open daily from 10.30am to 5pm (11am to 4pm in Winter)
- Hot food served between 11.30am - 3pm
- Family friendly high chairs and cushions
- Outdoor seating areas
- Our herb garden is used extensively throughout the menu
- Stunning estate views from our balcony seating area
- Take-away hot drinks
- Range of vegetarian and Gluten free options
- Daily Chef's specials
- Ice cream bicycle in sunny Summer periods
- 'Green Goddess' estate cafe during events
- Comfortable sofa seating area
- Shop is open daily from 10.30am to 5pm (11am to 4pm in Winter)
- Seasonal special offers
- Friendly and helpful staff
- Locally produced food and drink
- Locally produced arts and crafts
- Wide range of literature based on Sutton Hoo
- Family friendly gifts
- Sutton Hoo postcards, pencils and stationary
- Soups, perfumes and jewellery
- Real ales from nearby St Peter's Brewery
- Locally handmade pottery
- Something for everyone!
- Goody-bags available for school groups (pre-ordered)
Sutton Hoo shop
Take home something special after visiting this world renown heritage site.
You'll find a range of local produce from St Peter's Brewery Ales, locally hand crafted pottery and metal-worked ornaments as well as a wide range of gifts.
The shop also has a fine collection of books based on the history of Sutton Hoo for those that would like to explore the site further from the comfort of their armchair back home.
Second hand book sale
We have a wonderful collection of second hand books available to purchase. The second hand book shop is located in the old 1930's estate stables. This is where Mr Frank Pretty would have stabled his World War One War -horse Polly Hopkins.
Funds raised through our second hand book sales directly supports the conservation of Sutton Hoo for everyone's future enjoyment.