Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- Get close to nature with our wildlife hide and viewing cameras
- Discover the Column of Liberty or Skyline Walk for stunning panoramas
- See the historic Shrubbery garden borders come back to life
- Uncover Mary Eleanor Bowes’ dramatic story of torture and abduction
- Enjoy exhibitions, events and our milkable cow at the Stables
- Join our engaging guides for a free tour every day of the week
Tasty food & fabulous shopping
Our café and coffee shop serve light meals and cakes inspired by our own walled kitchen garden, while our shop, Gibside Larder, offers fantastic local produce. Twice a month we also host a free, local Farmers Market in leafy surroundings near our Chapel.
Beer Garden & Pub, every Friday night!
Every Friday night, 6 to 9pm all year round, relax with local ales and a wander while the kids explore our play area or stay cosy indoors. Regular live music busking nights. Free entry.
The Garden Shed
Discover a new art, craft and shopping experience at Gibside... Four creative businesses have moved into the Stables and surrounding woodland. Visit their workshops, enjoy hands-on demos or take home a special gift.
Gibside's parkland and woods are a perfect setting for getting active, whether you enjoy walking, running or other sporty pursuits. From our new 'pramblers' club for pre-school parents to school holiday fun for all the family...
Blackberry picking at Gibside
Now is a great time of the year to go for a walk in search of blackberries. You can find them, plump, juicy and sweet, all over the countryside, in hedgerows or near woods, including some secret spots at Gibside...