Visiting Gibside with your dog(s)
With 15 miles of paths to explore, trees to sniff and grass to venture through, we can guarantee that your four-legged friends will enjoy Gibside as much as you do.
We're trying something new in the main cafe.
From Monday 17 September to Friday 19 October, Monday to Friday, during normal opening hours, you can head inside the main cafe with your pooch.
Yep, as the colder weather sets in we appreciate that it's a little chilly to be seated outdoors with your best pal. And who can enjoy a cuppa and perhaps tuck into something to eat if there's a downpour of rain?
So head into the main cafe and pick a spot in the back area (next to the log burners) and relax.
As we've never done this before, we'd love to know what you think. Get in touch.
While you're out and about, please help us keep the countryside a safe, healthy and enjoyable place for you and your dog, other visitors, wildlife and livestock by:
- Keeping your dogs on leads at all times (short leads on the Skyline Walk where there may be livestock).
- Picking up your dog mess and placing it in a dog bin (we have six located around Gibside, shown on the estate map)
- Only bringing assistance dogs into the buildings, including the cafes.
- Water bowls around the estate. Please use the taps to fill them up if needed.
- Six dog mess bins (shown on the estate map).
- Spare leads, in case you happen to forget yours or something happens to it (we've all been there).
- Dog mess bags. If you arrive at visitor reception and realise you don't have any please ask the team.
- All dogs are welcome to join you within the outdoor cafe areas. However, please keep them on the floor instead of chairs and tables.