Bring your dog to Gibside
Your furry four-legged friends are welcome here at Gibside. There's lots of roaming and sniffing to be done. Carriage House coffee shop at the stables is also dog-friendly. So whether you'd like something to take out or fancy relaxing indoors with a cuppa, now you can.
With 15 miles of paths to explore, trees to sniff and grass to explore, we can guarantee that your dog will enjoy Gibside as much as you do.
We do ask that you help us to look after the wildlife living here by keeping your dogs on leads (an extendable one is fine) throughout the whole estate.
Your best friend can join you inside or out for a cuppa and a treat at Carriages House coffee shop at the stables, but we ask if you’re visiting the main café in the marketplace you and your pooch pick an outdoor seat.
While you're out and about, please help us keep the countryside a safe, healthy and enjoyable place for you and your dog, other visitors, wildlife and livestock by:
- Keeping your dogs on leads at all times (short leads on the Skyline Walk where there may be livestock).
- Picking up your dog mess and placing it in a dog bin (we have six located around Gibside, shown on the estate map)
- Only bringing assistance dogs into the buildings, including the cafes.
- Water bowls around the estate. Please use the taps to fill them up if needed.
- Six dog mess bins (shown on the estate map).
- Spare leads, in case you happen to forget yours or something happens to it (we've all been there).
- Dog mess bags. If you arrive at visitor reception and realise you don't have any please ask the team.
- All dogs are welcome to join you within the outdoor cafe areas. However, please keep them on the floor instead of chairs and tables.