Become a Hidcote Hunter
Bringing the family and not sure how you'll entertain the little ones? Pick up one of our free hunter packs from the visitor reception and your visit will be packed with fun activities - there's everything from map reading to insect spotting.
Anyone for tennis?
After exploring the garden, why not challenge family and friends to a game of tennis on our new all weather court?
We've everything you need, from period wooden rackets to match-winning tennis balls. All you need to bring are flat sports shoes and a lot of energy.
Make the most of summer and try your hand at a spot of croquet.
Have a go at this traditional pastime on the Great Lawn. We've all you need - including occasional tuition.
3 Apr - 6 Apr, 10am - 4pm
Hunt high and low, behind statues, near hedges and among the spring flowers. You never know where the next eggsplorer clue will be. Find them all and answer the cunning trail questions and we'll give you a Cadbury chocolate Egghead as your prize. Take it home or enjoy it in the garden. A seat in the Wilderness is a great spot to unwrap it and tuck in.
- £2 to enter for each child
- Pick up your Cadbury Easter Egg Trail at visitor reception
It's not just plants that you can see in the garden. Take a look in one of our pools and see how many underwater creatures you can spot swimming around. Our watery friends are very important and some are protected.
It's great to look out for our amphibious buddies but please don't catch them. Leave them to enjoy their special home.
- Have a go at flower arranging in one of our special workshops
- Pick up a children's trail from our visitor reception
- Learn how to care for your garden in one of our workshops
- Step back in time and read an original 1930s newspaper in our drawing room
- Find beautiful works of art in our September Sculpture Trail
- Bring the family along to our summer play. They're always entertaining
- Watch the bees make honey in our observation hive
- Pack your binoculars and do a spot of bird watching. The Wilderness is an ideal place to spot buzzards