Places to stay
At the heart of the estate
Set right in the heart of the estate, Gardens House offers the perfect family accommodation.
Ickworth is just 3 miles away from historic Bury St Edmunds and sits close to Norfolk and Cambridgeshire so there's loads to discover and explore on the doorstep.
Country house living
Gardens House has a wonderfully cosy, relaxed feeling. There are loads of walks to explore and dogs are very welcome.
There are pubs in Horringer village just a mile away, and the Ickworth Hotel offers a range of dining just minutes away across the beautiful Italianate gardens.
Cosy and comfortable
This detached house has its own totally private, walled rear garden with seating provided beside espaliered fruit trees, shrubs and a mulberry tree and direct access through the garden wall to the surrounding parkland.
The garden is perfect for al fresco dining and and entertaining.
A secluded corner
Set in a woodland glade, the Round House offers some wonderful parkland walks right from the doorstep. You'll wake up in the morning to the sound of birdsong and see deer trotting past the garden. This unspoilt location offers tranquillity and beauty. If you have dogs, they'll love you for this treat.
A unique experience
The Round House, with its unique appearance and equally fascinating history, was first used as a shooting lodge and then a gamekeeper's cottage. It now offers a very cosy and comfortable stay at the heart of this 1,800-acre estate. Historic Bury St Edmunds is just 3 miles away, and the pubs in Horringer just a short walk.
- A spacious Victorian cottage with a relaxed and comfortable interior
- Sleeps four in two bedrooms
- Can be paired with Keeper's cottage to create a 5 bedroom house
- Has a secluded part walled garden with access to adjacent parkland walks
- Historic Bury St Edmunds is just 3 miles away
- Dogs not allowed
- A spacious Victorian semi-detached cottage next door to Carpenter's cottage
- Sleeps six in three bedrooms
- Comfortable and relaxed living in the Ickworth parkland
- Close to two pubs in Horringer village
- Open fire and gas central heating
- All modern amenities for your convenience
- Dogs not allowed
The Ickworth Hotel
The Ickworth Hotel in the East Wing was the Hervey family home for over 200 years.
Staying at the hotel gives you free access to Ickworth house, park and gardens.
The Ickworth Hotel offers a varied range of activities for mums, dads, children and families, including swimming, tennis coaching, bike hire, and wonderful spa treatments.
Whether you choose the family-friendly sunny conservatory or the sophisticated, adult-only Frederick's Restaurant, you're in for a culinary treat at Ickworth Hotel.