Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Enjoy some stunning historic outfits that help bring the house to life, they span 80 years in age and are located across the Rotunda. Included are a stunning embroidered Worth Dress and an Edwardian cream suit both worn by members of the Hervey family.
- 26 July to 1 Aug - Look out archery
- 27 July - Living History 'chilled desserts'
- 30 July - Out and about '50 Things' Wednesdays '11- Go on a really long bike ride, 50 – Find a geocache'
- 5 August - Conservation in action 'Wear and tear'
- 6 August - Out and about '50 Things Wednesday' with Suffolk Wildife Trust.
Eating and shopping
We invite you to enjoy time with friends and family in the glorious parkland and gardens. Complete your day with a meal,light snack or a wonderful selection of cakes and enjoy a browse in our shop. Take time to sit back and relax and get away from it all and let us do the washing up.
We've four beautiful holiday cottages on the estate for you to enjoy. Each cottage has its own special place from secluded woodland glade to being surrounded by sheep and water birds. There's also the very special Ickworth hotel designed especially for a great family break to spoil your children and yourself. Suffolk has so much to explore and enjoy and with Bury St Edmunds on our doorstep, Ickworth makes for a very special place to stay.