History at Killerton
Killerton is a warm and welcoming Georgian family home with a colourful history. On a visit you can see family photographs dating from the 19th century, listen to the country-house organ that is still played today and explore the historic fashion collection.
- Killerton's exterior wasn't always the vivid salmon pink you see today
- Killerton House is a model of elegance
- Killerton has seen many house parties throughout history
- Historic cars parked up in front of Killerton House
- Killerton is rural, quiet and very pretty - everything you need for a family bike ride
People who influenced the design of Killerton
Between the 16th and 18th centuries, Killerton's Acland family had grown in wealth and rank. Sir Thomas Dyke Acland wanted Killerton to be a visible mark of his status.