Facilities & access
- Parking, 60 yards. £4 charge (free to National Trust members).
- Park open every day (except 24 & 25 December), dawn to dusk, car park is open from 10.15am to 6pm. Please be aware that public footpaths to the north of the house cross a golf course. For your safety, please look in both directions before crossing and avoid interrupting play.
- Dogs welcome on leads, only in the park. Please note there's no shade in the car park if you wish to keep your dog in your car
- We do not allow photography in the showrooms at Knole. This is because many of the objects in the collections are on loan from private donors who do not wish them to be photographed. We also try to shield them from the damaging effects of light. You are welcome to take photos in the courtyards and park
- Main toilets located next to Green Court. Temporary toilets near the car park and Outdoor Cafe
- Cycle rack on property
- Outdoor cafe with nearby seating area. Open daily
Family & children
- 50 things to do before you're 11 ¾ tent and other free family activities on our Family Mondays, every Kent school holiday Monday in 2015.
- Hands-on activities in our park experience room.
- Special Easter and autumn trails
- Baby-changing facilities in temporary unit while café is being rebuilt during 2015.
- Front-carrying baby slings and hip-seat carriers to borrow for visiting the house
- Mobility parking, 30 yards; drop-off point. Free parking for blue badge holders. Wheelchairs to borrow.
- Adapted toilet in green court
- Braille and large print guides; room describers for visually-impaired visitors (see below)
- Tactile audio-described model of the house in the visitor centre
- Virtual tour; induction loop; signed and sub-titled introductory video
- Access to the Orangery is from the visitor centre via steps or a lift (platform 125cm length x 120cm wide, maximum weight 250kg). Doorway into visitor centre room with 3D model of Knole is maximum 70cm
- In the house, wheelchair access is to the great hall and the bottom of the great stairs only
- Our nearest 'Changing Place' is at Sevenoaks leisure centre in Buckhurst Lane, 5 minutes' drive away
- Wheelchairs free to borrow from Visitor Centre, for ground floor showrooms
- Ramps to shop and Estate Office exhibition
- Wheelchair lift into Orangery from Visitor Centre.
- We regret there's no lift to the first floor showrooms. Access is up a broad, shallow staircase with a handrail on either side.
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.