Eating & shopping
Tea on the lawn
Relax on the lawn and take in the summer sun whilst enjoying a cream tea or freshly made sandwich.
Lots to choose from...
- A natter in the tea room
- A selection of homemade sandwiches
- Comfy sofas in the Park Room
- Freshly baked cakes and biscuits
- A picnic watching the croquet
- Delving into the detail with our story book
- Borrowing a story bag and relaxing in our gardens
- Beatrix Potter goodies in our shop
- Beautiful plants and herbs to take home with you
- And there's seasonal offers too!
A popular village for discerning tourists and shoppers, Long Melford was one of the great cloth towns of medieval Suffolk. Its very long high street (2.5 miles!) is lined with many lovely shops selling clothes, home furnishings, art, books and food, as well as the antiques for which the village is famous.
Designed by Ulla, Lady Hyde Parker, for her family following the fire, the tea room now serves over 30,000 cups of tea every year. Enjoy the hustle, bustle, and a slice of cake too.
A room with a view
Relax and unwind in the peaceful Park Room; enjoy a slice of cake and a pot of tea on our comfy sofas. You get a wonderful view looking out towards the parkland where sheep graze in the fields.
Picnic on the lawn
On a sunny day, there's nowhere better to relax than a picnic on the lawn. Enjoy a refreshing apple juice whilst you watch a game of croquet or read a book on the West Lawn.