This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Did you know...
- Melford Hall started out as a monastic hunting estate
- Queen Elizabeth I visited in 1578
- Melford Hall was sacked during the civil war
- The Hall was requisitioned during World War Two
- The north wing burnt down in 1942
- Melford Hall was given to the National Trust in 1960
- In 2010 we celebrated 50 years of working with the family
We need your help
It's very exciting to receive information and photos from visitors that may have worked here or knew someone that did in the past.
Help us to continue creating a bigger picture of what life was like in and around Melford Hall.
All information, however small, can make a big difference so please email the Melford Hall Research Group with your stories and experiences.