Volunteers help with...
There are numerous activities from planting the parterre to cleaning the river.
A well stocked second-hand bookshop is run by volunteers, all proceeds go towards projects at Oxburgh Hall....
Great reasons to volunteer
- To learn a new skill or broaden your knowledge
- To meet people and make new friends
- To help visitors enjoy their day out
- To fill your spare time; come when you want and as often as you like
- To experience a tangible link with history
We have an enthusiastic group, sewing everything from replica costumes to copies of the Marian Hangings.
Selling raffle tickets
A small dedicated team raise money from selling raffle tickets to fund conservation projects at Oxburgh.
What our volunteers say...
- 'I like helping visitors to enjoy their visit.'
- 'A nice friendly team which you immediately feel a part of.'
- 'I can indulge my interest in history.'
- 'It's just fun!'
- 'Tea and a chat.'
- 'I feel privileged to be a part of the work of the National Trust'
- 'I enjoy feeling part of the house family.'