Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Civil War Weekend Re-enactment 1 & 2 August
The Civil War comes to Oxburgh. See the 17th Century Life & Times re-enactment group and learn more about this
notorious period of history. Wonderful fun for all the family. Note there will be loud musket and cannon fire at this event.
- The panoramic views from the roof
- Crawling inside the priest's secret hiding hole
- Magnificent needlework by Mary, Queen of Scots and Bess of Hardwick
- The Victorian parterre and herbaceous border
- The newly rebuilt greenhouse in the kitchen garden
- Wildlife woodcarvings on our woodland trails
If you'd like to bring a picnic there's an area with tables in the car park set aside for you.
You can also now picnic inside the grounds if you wish.
Dogs are only allowed in the car park, but not within the gardens or the house.
Assistance dogs are permitted in all parts of the estate, including the house.
Please feel free to take pictures, however there is no flash photography within the Hall.