Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Pumpkin Harvest, 30 and 31 October
Celebrate the pumpkin harvest with children's activities and a pumpkin themed menu in the tea-room. A small fee may apply for some activities
- The panoramic views from the roof
- Crawling inside the priest's secret hiding hole
- Magnificent needlework by Mary, Queen of Scots and Bess of Hardwick
- The Victorian parterre and herbaceous border
- The newly rebuilt greenhouse in the kitchen garden
- Wildlife woodcarvings on our woodland trails
If you'd like to bring a picnic there's an area with tables in the car park set aside for you.
You can also now picnic inside the grounds if you wish.
Dogs are only allowed in the car park, but not within the gardens or the house.
Assistance dogs are permitted in all parts of the estate, including the house.
Please feel free to take pictures, however there is no flash photography within the Hall.