Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Snowdrop Walks - from 31 January
Weekends 31 Jan - 8 March, and every day except Thursday in February half term
Guided walks around the Hall’s woodlands will take in the stunning carpets of snowdrops and aconites. Depending on the weather there may be few snowdrops or many, but there is always plenty to see!
Walks begin at 11.30am and 2pm – 1 hour approx.
- The panoramic views from the roof
- Crawling inside the priest's secret hiding hole
- Magnificent needlework by Mary, Queen of Scots and Bess of Hardwick
- The Victorian parterre and herbaceous border
- The newly rebuilt greenhouse in the kitchen garden
- Wildlife woodcarvings on our woodland trails
If you'd like to bring a picnic there's an area with tables in the car park set aside for you.
You can also now picnic inside the grounds if you wish.
Dogs are only allowed in the car park, but not within the gardens or the house.
Assistance dogs are permitted in all parts of the estate, including the house.
Please feel free to take pictures, however there is no flash photography within the Hall.