Hire this venue
A unique building
The restored Sawmill offers a versatile space for a wide range of functions.
Look under 'Self-hire' below to download our reference sheet, and don’t hesitate to contact us for more information, to arrange a viewing, or to book.
Get away from it all
Just seven miles south-west of Bristol, perched above Tyntesfield House in the heart of the estate, the Sawmill provides a perfect venue for meetings and training courses, away from the hustle and bustle.
Access to the extensive woodland and gardens is included in the price.
A venue with history
The Sawmill was restored as Tyntesfield’s versatile Learning Centre in 2008/9.
The buildings in use now date from the 1880s, when they were built to house steam engines and batteries that provided the first electricity to the main house. Fascinating period fittings are still visible.
- A flexible venue consisting of two large rooms, suitable for meetings, workshops and private functions on a self-hire, self-use basis
- Fully accessible, with limited mobility parking. All other parking is in Tyntesfield's main car park
- Audio visual equipment and Wi-Fi internet access available
- Cold catering options can be supplied by our Cow Barn restaurant team
- All hire includes group admission to the gardens during open hours for your delegates or guests
A special place to celebrate
Please note that, due to operational reasons, we are not accepting wedding-related bookings in the Sawmill at this time. We regret that, at present, there are no venues for wedding ceremonies to take place at Tyntesfield.