Places to visit
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
We've got lots of activities and events planned in Suffolk this summer. Whether you want somewhere to take the family during the school holidays, fancy a walk, or are looking to come along to one of our outdoor theatre performances. There's so much to celebrate this season and lots of ways to join in.
- Celebrate the coast at our Big Beach Picnic at Dunwich Heath.
- Step back in time at one of our living history weekends at Sutton Hoo.
- Enjoy a summer of 50 things activities with your family at Dunwich or Ickworth.
- Discover Melford Hall's connection with Beatrix Potter.
- We've unveiled a new visitor experience at Lavenham Guildhall.
Our favourite outdoor activities
Ickworth and Dunwich Heath are both doggie heaven - great places to bring your four-legged friends for walkies and stop for refreshments afterwards.
Just follow the pink signs to enjoy this 7 mile cycle trail around Ickworth, which takes in most of the perimeter of the Estate and the beauty that goes with it.
Can you find the the geocaches we've hidden on Dunwich Heath? Hugely popular with visitors, download their co-ordinates or borrow a GPS receiver from us.
Get your running shoes on and check out Ickworth's trim trail - try your hand on various fitness objects, ranging from pole climbing to ladder walks and leap frog.