You may see some pieces corrugated metal or pieces of felt on the cliffs, this is part of a survey by the Kent Reptile & Amphibian Group (KRAG), who are working with us to see if there are adders here. The metal and felt will get warm in the spring sunshine and the adders will be drawn to them as a place to warm up after hibernation. Please don’t move the felt or metal as it may disturb the adders.
What we're working on this summer
- Cutting back paths to improve public access
- Reparing steps and handrails
- Mowing to mimic the grazing of the ponies in areas that are difficult to get to; which helps the grassland plants to prosper.
- Improving the presentation of the site, repairing fences and checking signs and seats.
- Helping get the tunnels at Fan Bay ready to open
- Putting out new bins and picnic benches
- Moving the ponies to graze in the new compartment opposite the visitor centre