This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Notice: Please note that the geocaching units and tracker packs are temporarily unavailable, we apologise for any disappointment this may cause.
A working estate still guided by the seasons, with an impressive mansion and Home Farm
The mansion, at the heart of this estate, is evidence of Elsie Bambridge's success in creating a home.
Intimate rooms contrast with beautiful and unexpected Georgian interiors, including Soane's breathtaking Yellow Drawing Room and wonderful plunge bath. The fascinating basement corridor offers a glimpse into life below stairs.
Stroll around the colourful parterre garden and wander through the Pleasure Grounds to the walled garden, abundant with fruit, vegetables and herbaceous borders.
Home Farm contrasts the traditional farmyard with the noisy modern piggery and cattle sheds.
Stride out across the landscape park, among the rare-breed cattle, and imagine the previous owners planning their visions of grand avenues and spectacular vistas.
ITV go behind the scenes at Wimpole
Wimpole's has been on the telly, Inside the National Trust, watch the last few episodes on catch up and see Michael Buerk tries his hand at a few tasks at Wimpole, from scything to dusting chandeliers.
Meet some of the stars:
Planning your day
- Stable Block, Restaurant and Gardens open daily 10am-5pm
- Home Farm open daily 10.30am-5pm
- Wimpole Hall open Sat-Thurs for free-flow visiting from 11am
- Last entry to the house is 4.30pm and it closes at 5pm
- Dogs are welcome in the park and the Stable Block, but not in the house, gardens or at Home Farm. Assistance dogs are welcome everywhere
- Please don't leave your dog in the car. It can get surprisingly warm, even when not sunny
- Our fields are grazed by livestock throughout the year, so please keep your dog on a lead