Uncover our secrets
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
- 5 May - Life at the Roman Villa
- 14 & 15 June - Father's Day gladiator arena
Get to know us a little better with these special costumed history events.
24 - 26 May
Our sellers will peddle their wares from stalls selling Roman games, local cheese and honey, glass beads and traditional crafts.
What will you buy?
31 May & 1 June
Join us as we celebrate the Victorian rediscovery of the site with a whole host of Victorian themed fun and excitement. There'll be games, reenactments, dressing up and much much more.
Find out what it's like to be an archaeologist and get hands on with our collection of real archaeological finds.
We'll also have special talks and tours to help you find out more.
Every day at Chedworth
- Free guided tours most days help you get the most from your visit
- Look out for Roman Sue as she demonstrates Roman handicrafts and cookery in costume
- Raid our dressing-up box and turn yourself into a Roman
- Games galore in the garden
- Brass rubbings in the West Range
- Make a wish; throw a coin into the Nymphaeum where the Romans would have worshipped their ancient gods