Uncover our secrets
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Make the most of your day
- Free guided tours most days help you get the most from your visit
- Raid our dressing-up box and turn yourself into a Roman
- Games galore in the garden
- Brass rubbings in the West Range
- Make a wish; throw a coin into the Nymphaeum where the Romans would have worshipped their ancient gods
- Look out for Roman Sue as she demonstrates Roman handicrafts and cookery in costume
- Meet Quintus, our costumed retired Roman Army General
1864 - 2014
Celebrate 150 years of exploration and conservation since the Victorian rediscovery of this special site in 1864.
What will you discover through our special events and activities?