Doggie do's and don'ts at Hatfield Forest
Whether you're a local dog walker who comes for a wander every day or visiting from further a field, we welcome dogs and seek to make yours and their day out as easy and relaxing as possible.
Doggie do's and don'ts
- Keep your dogs on leads at all times in the lake area and also where sheep are grazing.
- Dogs are allowed off lead elsewhere as long as you have a good recall and you keep your dog in sight at all times.
- Dogs must not chase wildlife. We have both fallow and muntjac deer in the Forest. If your dog has a strong chase instinct, keep him or her on the lead.
- Pick up your dog's mess along the road, boardwalks and in the lake area and place it in a dog bin. (Dog mess bins are located in all car parks and along the internal road).
- In the wider Forest, use a stick and flick dog mess into a bush.
- Dogs are welcome to sit beside the picnic tables but not on top of chairs and tables, including in the Fisherman's Shelter.
- There is a dog free zone in the lake area, clearly signed.