See how Hidcote garden grew from a field high up on a Cotswold escarpment into one of the country's most influential 20th-century gardens.
Delve into the life of Lawrence Johnston, who made Hidcote his home. Find out how he created a horticultural masterpiece from bare fields.
Did you know?
- Johnston was related to two First Ladies of US Presidents
- In the Second World War gardeners grew potatoes on the Great Lawn
- Lawrence Johnston kept flamingoes by the pool in the Wilderness
- Johnston was so badly wounded in 1914 he was laid out for burial
- Hidcote welcomed its first paying visitors in 1949