This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Garden of rooms
The garden is divided into a series of ‘outdoor rooms’, each with its own character. The formality of the ‘rooms’ melts away as you move through the garden away from the house.
The new Triad project recruits experienced gardeners to spend four months in three of the world's leading gardens in Gloucestershire, the USA and Japan.
Cutting the hedges
We spend up to 4 days a week for seven months of the year cutting the 4.5mls of garden hedges. Our gardeners do all the cutting by eye, making it even more impressive a feat.
In the garden this winter...
- Don't miss the tree ferns wearing their winter clothes
- Wander down the Winter Border and see the statues wrapped in their warm sleeping bags
- Watch the gardeners carefully hedgecutting
- See the thatchers working on the plant centre roof
- Take a look at the structure of the garden - just as Johnston intended
- Welcome our new Triad students from Japan
Plants from around the world
Passion for plants
Name that plant
Did a plant catch your eye when you visited? Not sure what it was? We can help.
Email us and a member of our gardening team will let you know what it is.
For best results:
- Tell us where you saw it
- Add some photos of it
- Describe any special features like shape and colour