Eating & shopping
Our castle shop stocks a variety of lovely gifts and treats, some very useful for Wray Castle, like picnic rugs, kids’ dressing up costumes and swords (very popular).
Buying something from our shop allows us to invest back into the castle and the surrounding countryside.
Visitors arriving by boat or bus can enjoy 10% discount on single transactions over £10 in the shop. Download the voucher below.
Our castle shop has everything a budding Knight would need to slay a dragon and protect their fortress!
Our swords are crafted in Wiltshire from sustainable wood and are essential for taking on that annoying older brother! Long sword £8.50; Broad sword £5.50.
For archery enthusiasts you can pick up a bow and arrow for only £6.
Join us on selected Wednesdays during the school holidays to learn how to shoot like a real Robin Hood! Find out more below.
- Sandwich selection freshly made every day - you'll have to be quick as they fly off the shelves
- Tray bakes, muffins, cakes and scones
- Crisps, nuts, biscuits, fruit, confectionery and ice creams
- Freshly Ground Coffee and Lakeland Tea specially blended to complement the soft water of the Lake District
- Fruit teas, herbal infusions, hot chocolate and if you feel like a treat one with all the trimmings!
- Fruit Juices, smoothies, milk shakes, sparkling and still water, fruit sports, fruit cartons, fizzy cans, presses and traditional bottled drinks.
Open daily from 10.15am to 4.30pm
Enjoy our 'pop-up' café
The old Drawing Room houses the Wray Castle Cafe where you can enjoy drinks and snacks run by our local tenants of eight years from the Tower Bank Arms.
We currently have no useable kitchens, but you will still find a range of hot and cold drinks together with an array of cakes, snacks and sandwiches freshly prepared every day by the Tower Bank Arms. Their sandwiches, which range from Crayfish with Marie Rose Sauce - a best seller, Smoked Salmon and Cucumber to Cheddar Cheese with Westmorland Chutney, have proved very popular and we are regularly told that our sandwiches are the nicest visitors have ever eaten!
The Tower Bank Arms use local suppliers wherever possible, Scones and Artisan Breads are baked for them by the award winning Lovingly Artisan. Other suppliers include Hawkshead Relish, Woodalls of Waberthwaite (Appointment to HM the Queen), and Windermere Ice Cream.
Now you will remember what we said about the kitchens, so this also means we are not able to do any washing up. We have overcome this hurdle by using recyclable or biodegradable disposables, but don’t let this put you off as it gives you the freedom to take your drink out to one of the picnic tables, walk around the grounds or even the castle itself.