Challenge the family
A Knight's Peril - interactive audio adventure
Our Knight's Peril adventure is the perfect way to get your children outside during the dreary winter days. It's suitable for children aged 7+ and the whole family can join in as you explore the castle and discover the plot to murder Sir Edward Dallingridge, the castle's founder.
There is no charge for this adventure, we just operate a simple deposit system. The echo horn will guide you on your way, but will you guess whodunnit?
50 Things to do before you're 11 3/4
We've got lots of things for the children to do around the grounds of the castle that will earn them stickers for their 50 Things Adventure Scrapbook. Try rolling down a really big hill or going on a hunt for bugs to Bugdiham Castle. Some of the activities are linked in with our events giving even more opportunities for stickers.
Ask our ticket office team for details of the activities that you can complete here.
Our Wharf Tea-room offers a children's menu, high chairs and baby food and bottle warming facility. We also cater for restricted diets so treat the whole family to a delicious meal together.
- Enjoy feeding our ducks with duck food from the shop or ticket office?
- Count up the masons' marks in the castle?
- Stand on the bridge and see if you can spot any fish in the moat?
- Enjoy a warming cup of hot chocolate in our tea room?
- Enjoy talking with our medieval characters about Christmas traditions?
- Find out what it was like to be in the castle in medieval times?
- Consider treating your family to membership so that you can visit as often as you like?
Explore your way to the castle through a land of imagination and discover the best-kept secrets of Bodiam by following our adventure map. If you survive your journey and enter the castle, reward yourself with a climb to the top of one of the towers to enjoy some stunning views across the River Rother valley.