Things to see & do
This section of the page features an image gallery, so if you're using a screen reader you may wish to jump to the main content.
Caring for our collections
Come inside to discover how the Conservation team care for our internationally renowned collection. You can see the State floor in more detail as the annual deep clean gets under way. Join us on 5-7 Nov and 19-21 Nov, 11am-3pm. All tickets are £1 (along with your garden admission ticket).
New Fairies in the Garden
Over the summer a new fairy door has appeared in the Hardwick gardens. The first door as been loved by visitors young and old since it appeared in 2013. Pop along and say hello to the new neighbours.
Keep your eyes peeled for more fairy arrivals as they prepare for Christmas!
Don't miss this winter
- Tasty winter specials in the restaurant
- Spotting your family traditions in the Hall
- Picking out your Christmas tree
- Enjoy self-led walks around the estate
- Following the Father Christmas trail
- Stock up on logs for your cosy fire
- Warming treats in the restaurant
- Beautiful Christmas presents in the shop
- Writing you letter to Father Christmas in the South Gazebo
- The garden lit with fairy lights at dusk
Winter at Hardwick means
In the house
The beginning of the deep clean and of course setting up for Christmas
In the garden
the team have been working hard to create a Stumpery in the South Court, like this one at Ickworth
In the park
the ranger team are getting ready for the annual Christmas tree sales