Wassailing at Avalon Orchard
Time for some seasonal, festive fun. The ranger team are having a festive celebration in the orchard at Glastonbury Tor.
- Booking advisable
Wassailing is an ancient custom that involves drinking cider, singing to the trees in the hope of a good harvest and scaring away any evil spirits that might be lurking. You can tour the Tor, sing around the trees, hear stories by the fire and sample the fruit of last year's crop.
Tours of the Tor will be available from 2pm.
On the day entry, is £3 per adult and £1 per child (ages 5-16): please note cash only.
Please park in the town and walk to the Tor.
Event ticket prices
Child £1.00age 5-17
Family £7.002A 2C
Family £5.001A 3C
Family £8.002A 3C
- This is an event for the whole family.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- The orchard will be signposted from main access points to the Tor and lit up along the way, there will also be staff and volunteers to guide you.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring warm clothes and torches. Don't forget some cash for the bar.
- There is limited accessibility to the orchard and some uneven ground, only suitable for all-terrain wheelchairs and pushchairs. Disabled parking is available along Wellhouse Lane.
|19 January 2019||14:00 - 18:00||Available|