As a member, you’ll help protect many of our nation’s favourite places for future generations. Every penny goes towards looking after nature, beauty and history – for everyone, for ever.
Become a member
- Family 2 adultsTwo adults (aged 18+) living at the same address and their children or grandchildren (17 or under). Under 5s go free.£146.40 a year£12.20 a month
- Family 1 adultOne adult (aged 18+) and their children or grandchildren (17 or under). Under 5s go free.£91.20 a year£7.60 a month
- Adult membership26+ years£84.00 a year£7.00 a month
- Young person18-25 years£42.00 a year£3.50 a month
- Junior0-17 years. Under 5s go free£10 a year*
- Individual life membershipFor one member.£2,020Standard£1,510Senior
- Joint life membershipFor two people living at the same address.£2,520Standard£1,895Senior
- Family life membershipTwo adults and all their children or grandchildren up to the age of 18. Adults must be living at the same address. Under 5s go free.£2,640Standard
Existing member?Renewexisting membership
As a National Trust member you can enjoy:
- Free entry to more than 500 places in our care
- Free parking at most National Trust car parks
- National Trust Handbook, full of information about the places we look after
- National Trust Magazine three times a year, packed with inspiration, interviews and news
- Access to our online Members' Area, full of first look previews and behind-the-scenes features
Pay for a new joint, family, individual or young person membership by annual Direct Debit online and get a £15 National Trust gift card to spend in our shops and cafés.
With National Trust life membership there are more than 500 special places to explore and you can look forward to a lifetime of benefits.
If you're an existing member aged 60 or over and you've been a member for at least the last three consecutive years, you're eligible for our senior membership rate.
Find out how to give the gift of adventure with a range of membership options. Plus, pay for a joint, family or individual membership by annual Direct Debit and get a free £15 gift card.
We have a junior membership for children and teenagers. Please note you must be aged 13+ years to purchase junior membership for yourself.
Discover why becoming a National Trust member and heading outside to new places could refresh your body and mind.
Whether you’re a new member or you’ve been with us a while, there’s always the opportunity to experience something new. From exploring your artistic side to increasing your gardening knowledge, here are some top tips for getting the most out of your membership.
Want to experience more as a family this year? You don’t need to go overseas to seek adventure – there are lots of exciting things to do all year round with your family membership. Here are some ways to start your family’s voyage of discovery.
Your Handbook is a great source of inspiration for when you're planning your next day out. See what's included in the 2024 edition.
As a member of the National Trust you’ll receive three editions of our beautifully illustrated magazine each year as an exclusive benefit, full of stories from behind the scenes.
Find frequently asked questions about becoming a National Trust member and what happens once you’ve joined, from when you’ll receive your membership pack to details about our senior concession.
Direct Debit is the easy and convenient way to pay for National Trust membership. It also means more of your subscription goes towards looking after the places in our care.
If you're interested in becoming a member but live in the USA, find out more about our US membership affiliate, the Royal Oak Foundation.
Everyone is welcome at the places in our care. If you're disabled, you can apply for an Essential Companion card so your carer or companion can visit our places with you, free of charge. Find out how to apply and what else we're doing to make sure you have a great day out.
Our Annual General Meeting is your chance to get involved and help shape the Trust's work. As a member, you'll have the right to vote. Find out how you can take part and read all the latest voting results.