We're committed to providing a website that is accessible to everyone, regardless of technology or ability.
We're working hard to increase the accessibility and usability of our website, using many of the available standards and guidelines.
Wherever possible we follow level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0.
These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with different needs. Following these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for everyone.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS.
Our website should display correctly in the current and previous two versions of the following browsers:
- Microsoft Edge
Areas we’re still working on
While we try to follow the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it's not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
These are the specific areas where we're currently working to achieve better accessibility:
- Provision of video and audio transcripts
- Provision of audio captions
- Provision of audio descriptions
- Alt text for images doesn’t include information on where the website user will be taken, just what the image depicts
- We sometimes show third-party content and we're working with these suppliers to make this content accessible in the future
- Screen readers may experience difficulty navigating the property homepage image galleries
- Screen readers may not work on our campsite booking pages
We're continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing www.nationaltrust.org.uk, please contact us.
Email us your full name, full address and supporter/member number and someone will get back to you.
The Supporter Services Centre is open from 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday and 9am to 4pm weekends and bank holidays. Local call rates apply.
If you'd like to write to us, our address is:The National Trust, PO Box 574, Manvers, Rotherham, S63 3FH
We welcome disabled visitors, companions, carers, and assistance dogs too. Find out about our Essential Companion card for individuals and Links Pass for groups.
Here are the terms and conditions of this website.