Christmas lights and winter illuminations
During winter, many of the houses and buildings in our care are transformed with colour as they host winter illuminations and magical lights trails.
Please check back for events in 2024
This year's winter illuminations and lights trails have finished but we're looking forward to welcoming you back for 2024. Check back later in the year for more details.
- Christmas lights at Belton House, Lincolnshire
- Explore a trail surrounded by twinkling lights at Belton this Christmas. Surround yourself with colour and lights on this after-dark Christmas light event.Book tickets
- Christmas lights at Dunham Massey, Cheshire
- Discover new light and sound installations for 2023 on the Christmas lights trail at Dunham Massey. Bring your friends and family along for a festive experience, and see if you can spot the glowing deer along the way.Book tickets
- Christmas lights at Stourhead, Wiltshire
- Take in the festive winter illuminations at Stourhead, where the annual Christmas lights trail is back again for 2023. See sparkling tunnels, giant baubles and even Father Christmas along the way.Book tickets
- Christmas at Waddesdon, Buckinghamshire
- Walk through the gardens at Waddesdon at dusk and explore new, bespoke animated projections in this year's light trail. Full of interactive elements and music, the new trail through the Aviary gardens features shooting stars and larger-than-life 3D birds lit with fairy lights. In partnership with light art pioneers Luminism.Book tickets
Plan a festive family day out and meet Father Christmas in his grotto this Christmas. You can even settle down for a storytelling session or leave a gift at a reverse grotto at some of the places in our care.
We've got plenty of events and activities on at the places in our care. From exhibitions and guided walks to outdoor theatre events, discover what's on near you.
Searching for the perfect Christmas presents for friends and family? Take a look at our 2023 Christmas gift guide for a selection of thoughtful and sustainable gifts that also help to take care of nature, beauty and history.
Whether you're spotting seal pups in Norfolk or catching a glimpse of Devon's Dartmoor ponies, there's plenty of wildlife to see in winter. Get outdoors and discover the best places for winter wildlife watching.
Whether you’re looking for a relaxing activity or a fun and festive way to bring the family together, follow our step-by-step guide to learn how to make a Christmas wreath.