Melford Hall's Railway Walk
A popular guided walk taking in some railway and village history as well as both some modern archaeology and the natural beauty of the Suffolk countryside.
- Booking essential
Join us for a guided four-mile walk retracing the route of the former Great Eastern Railway Line linking the medieval wool towns of Lavenham and Long Melford. Meet at Lavenham Guildhall tearoom for refreshments and a short introduction before starting your walk. At the end of the walk, enjoy lunch at Melford Hall and listen to a brief history of the house. Refreshments and admission included.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call 03442 491895
- Unsuitable for children under 16
- Assistance dogs are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Meet at Lavenham Guildhall tearoom (postcode CO10 9QZ)
- What to bring and wear
- The walk goes over mixed terrain that can be muddy if wet. Please wear suitable clothing and boots. Please bring a change of shoes if intending to visit the house afterwards.
- Not suitable for wheelchairs. A reasonable level of fitness is required.
- There is a regular local bus service (ticket not included) that walkers can use to get back to Lavenham to retrieve their cars.
|18 July 2020||10:00 - 13:00||Available|
|19 September 2020||10:00 - 13:00||Available|