Family explorers: We're going on a bug hunt!
Challenge - this month tick off all three bug-related '50 Things' activities!
- Booking not needed
- Free event (admission applies)
Will you dare to peek under a log? Are you brave enough to hold a scary beast? Can you set up your very own snail race? Pick up our creepy-crawly guide for tips and pictures of things you might find.
- Event ticket prices
Minimum group size 15
Minimum group size 15
|National Trust member||N/A||£4.95|
What is Gift Aid?
Most of our places run the Gift Aid on Entry scheme at their admission points. Under this scheme, if you're not a member you have the choice of two entry tickets:
- Gift Aid Admission or
- Standard admission
If the place runs Gift Aid on Entry, we'll offer you the Gift Aid Admission prices. But it's entirely up to you which ticket you choose. If you want the Standard Admission instead, just let us know when you come to pay.
Gift Aid Admission includes a 10 per cent or more voluntary donation. Gift Aid Admissions let us reclaim tax on the whole amount paid* — an extra 25 per cent — potentially a very significant boost to our places' funds.
An extra £1 paid under the scheme can be worth over £3 to the National Trust as shown below: Payment of the additional percentage donation is entirely voluntary, so if you prefer to pay the standard admission please advise our reception staff at the till point.
|Amount paid by visitor||£11.00||£10.00|
|Tax refund from Government*||£2.75||£0.00|
|Total received by the National Trust||£13.75||£10.00|
*Gift Aid donations must be supported by a valid Gift Aid declaration and a Gift Aid declaration can only cover donations made by an individual for him/herself or for him/herself and members of his/her family.
Stowe House is managed and operated by Stowe House Preservation Trust. For more information call +44 (0)1280 818166. Admission charges apply to National Trust members, payable at National Trust reception.
Child tickets: under 17s, under 5s go free.
HHA members and Stowe House annual pass members: free.
- Made for the brave children and their families
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Pick up your creepy-crawly guide from the New Inn visitor centre before heading into the gardens. You can pick up a '50 Things' scrapbook here too and don't forget to come back to claim your stickers!
- What to bring and wear
- Be sure to wear comfy shoes for walking so you can do plenty of exploring. If you've got a magnifying glass or bug pot bring that along.
- The gardens are partly accessible with steep slopes and uneven terrain. Mobility buggies are available to hire. Please call us to discuss your requirements on 01280 817156.
- Share pictures of your finds on Twitter @NTStowe, Facebook National Trust Stowe and Instagram NT_Stowe.
|22 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|23 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|24 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|25 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|26 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|27 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|28 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|29 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|30 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|
|31 May 2018||10:00 - 17:00||Available|