Champion tree walks
Tyntesfield's tree registrar and volunteer, Chris Watts, leads an engaging an educational guided walk across the estate to explore our impressive champion trees.
- Booking essential
Tyntesfield is home to over 40 county champion trees - the tallest, widest and oldest of their species.
On this walk for gardening and horticulture enthusiasts alike, Chris will take you on a journey across the estate to discover hidden gems and some ancient giants.
Please have your comfortable boots on!
Event ticket prices
All £12.50includes refreshments
- Booking details
- Call 0344 249 1895
- Accompanied children are very welcome.
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please head to the Ticket Office at Home Farm visitor centre 15 minutes before the event is due to start. From here you will be met by your guide, Chris.
- What to bring and wear
- Please dress appropriately for the weather, layers are advisable. You will be walking across the estate on variable terrain with some steep inclines and descents, so please wear sensible footwear.
- There is blue badge parking in the main visitor car park and accessible facilities at Home Farm visitor centre. If you have any concerns regarding the accessibility of this event, please contact us.
- Please be advised that whilst admission to the grounds is included as part of your ticket price, if you wish to visit the house after your guided walk ends, you will need to return to the ticket office to purchase a ticket to the house or have your National Trust membership card scanned. Your ticket includes a hot drink and a flapjack or brownie bite at the Pavilion Cafe.
|19 April 2020||09:30 - 12:30||Available|
|12 July 2020||09:30 - 12:30||Available|
|18 October 2020||09:30 - 12:30||Available|