The Devil's Dyke fungi hunt - Part 2
Join us for a day of recording as many species of fungi as possible, across wonderful Wolstonbury Hill, on the South Downs, near Brighton. Expert mycologist Martin Allinson will be on hand to identify and record finds.
- Booking essential
The order of the day: 9.30am, meet at Saddlescombe Learning Barn. 10am, go out hunting for fungi in Wolstonbury woods and across open downland. 12 noon, lunch, with glorious views across Sussex. 2pm, return to Saddlescombe Farm for a well deserved cup of tea and cake in our heated Learning Barn. 2.15pm, go through our finds with expert mycologist Martin Allison and look at some of the more interesting species with our microscopes. 3pm, finish.
Event ticket prices
- Booking details
- Call Email us at the address below to book
- Children are welcome with adult supervision
- Dogs on leads are welcome.
- Meeting point
- Please meet opposite Saddlescombe Farm, near Devil's Dyke. BN45 7DE. Walk into farm and follow signs to the Learning Barn.
- What to bring and wear
- Please bring lunch, suitable clothing and bags of enthusiasm. Tea and biscuits will be provided when we return to Saddlescombe.
- This will be a long, slow but superb walk over some steep terrain.
|26 October 2018||09:30 - 15:00||Sold out online|